A Shared Memory or the Words You are Searching For
Music is a key memory trigger and the sounds of a song that was shared with your loved one can bring back many happy memories. Selecting the music for your service is a chance for you and your family to listen to the songs of your shared history and select what you think will bring back the best memories on the day.
In selecting the music you might want to select a favourite song alternatively you may prefer to select a song that reflects how you feel or something you might have wanted to say.
Each service is different however below are the common times in a service to play music:
- Arrival Music – this is played to signify the start of a service.
- Reflection Time / Photo story – this is during the service and can be a time when you place a flower, watch the DVD photo story or simply listen to a song and reflect on your loved ones life.
- Recessional Music – this is the final song when you are leaving the service.
- For a burial, there is also an opportunity to have music played at the graveside.
Live music is a beautiful addition to any funeral service; your funeral arranger can assist in sourcing the perfect musician. Some options we have are:
- Acoustic guitar and singer
- Live music for church (including full Requiem Mass singers)
- Bugle Player
Or any other type of music that would be suitable for your funeral service.
We will take care of sourcing recorded music for your service and play it on the day as a part of our service.
Everyone has their own unique musical taste, however if you a looking for a little inspiration, please see the below list as a possible starting place; click the song for a link to listen:
- My Way – Frank Sinatra.
- Time to Say Goodbye – Sarah Brightman & Andrea Bocelli
- Wind Beneath My Wings – Bette Midler
- See You Again – Charlie Puth (No Rap Version)
- Choir – Guy Sebastian
- Over the Rainbow – Judy Garland or Israel ‘IZ’ Kamakawiwo’ole
- Angels – Robbie Williams
- You Raise Me Up – Josh Groban
- You’ll Never Walk Alone – Gerry & The Pacemakers
- We’ll Meet Again – Vera Lynn
- Unforgettable – Nat ‘King’ Cole
- In the Arms of an Angel – Sarah McLaughlin
- Mull of Kintyre – Various
- Hallelujah – Jeff Buckley
- What a Wonderful World – Louis Armstrong
- Here I Am Lord – Daniel O’Donnell
- Make Me a Channel of your Peace – Daniel O’Donnell
- Ave Maria – Sarah Brightman
- The Lord is My Shepherd – Harry Secombe
- Amazing Grace – Hayley Westenra
- Forever Young – Youth Group
- Fly – Celine Dion